Newcastle University and Insights North East are delighted to be holding a screening of “The Unequal Pandemic” – a short film produced by Debbie Abrahams MP and Good Guys Productions.
It was claimed that we are ‘all in it together’ and that COVID-19 ‘does not discriminate’. Drawing on community voices and expert witnesses, this film dispels the myth of COVID-19 as an ‘equal opportunity’ disease, by showing how the pandemic interacted with social inequality.
The screening will be followed by an audience discussion and Q&A with a panel of COVID Bereaved Families for Justice, Newcastle University researchers and frontline health workers.
- Debbie Abrahams MP for Oldham East and Saddleworth (chair)
- Professor Clare Bambra, Prof of Public Health, Newcastle University
- Professor Adam Todd Prof of Pharmaceutical Public Health, Newcastle University
- Dr Donna Wakefield, Consultant in Palliative Care, North Tees Hospital
- Alice Wiseman, Director of Public Health, Gateshead Council